- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.
- I loved the the crema and would probably make twice as much next time. Also, I didn't use Red Snapper, I used tilapia. I'm sure any fish would be super yummy. Also, my kids aren't a big fan of corn tortillas, so next time I will give them flour. I liked the corn with these tacos. Halibut would be good. I HOPE YOU ENJOY!
Friday, July 20, 2012
I've been trying out some new recipes and wanted to share my favorites. This year we are splitting a crop share with some friends, which has been fun and also a little challenging to use up everything we get each week. We have been getting some great food. I have had fun finding new recipes to use the ingredients, such as: cilantro, basil leaves, egg plant, bok choy, zucchini, zucchini and more zucchini, ect............. I try to stick with recipes that are quick and easy, because that is the kind of cook I am. I made these Fish Tacos the other night and loved them. They were also super quick and easy. I got the recipe off myrecipes.com.