Cheddar Chicken (Reader Recipe From Jane Walsh)Ingredients
- 16 buttery crackers (such as Ritz), crushed (about 3⁄4 cup)
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- wild rice pilaf and steamed green beans (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, combine the crackers, cheese, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in the butter, then in the cracker mixture, pressing gently to help it adhere, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining cracker mixture on the chicken and drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with the pilaf and green beans, if using.