Friday, May 20, 2011

Belgian Waffles

I had to post this recipe before it got lost in the other loose recipes floating around in my cupboard. Ryan's cousin gave this recipe to me for Christmas with Belgian waffle iron and I love it. I almost never made waffles until I got this recipe. Now we have waffles a lot.

Ingredients:
2 Egg yolks
5 T Sugar
1 1/2 t Vanilla
1/2 c Butter (melted)
1 t Salt
2 3/4 c Flour
2 3/4 t Baking powder
2 c Warm milk
2 Egg whites

Directions:
1. In a large bowl beat together egg yolks and sugar. Beat in vanilla, butter and salt. Mix in flour, baking powder, and milk.
2. In another bowl beat egg whites until they have peaks. Fold into batter. (The original recipe says to let the batter stand for 40 min, but I never do. I am to hungry to wait, but if you have the time give it a try other wise they are great without the wait).
3. Preheat iron and cook until golden brown. Makes 9-10 waffles.

*The waffles rise quite a bit, don't overfill iron.
*add some corn starch to make them more crunchy

1 comment:

Jan said...

Yum, I can't wait to try these.