I made this tonight, and I am in love. This is my new favorite pizza. It is sooooo good. I wanted to eat more and more and more. Unfortunately, my stomach can't hold that much food with my swollen prego belly. I loved it so much, I am already planning to make more tomorrow. Blake loved it too. I think he was surprised by how yummy it was. Recipe comes from allrecipes.com.
I used the pizza dough recipe in the family cook book. That is my go to recipe, it always turns out great. I baked it for about 10 minutes and then added the toppings and them baked it again for 10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crusts
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Fontina cheese *I did not use this cheese and it still turned out yummy!
- 10 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Stir together olive oil, garlic, and salt; toss with tomatoes, and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato marinade. Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with Mozzarella and Fontina cheeses. Arrange tomatoes overtop, then sprinkle with shredded basil, Parmesan, and feta cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 10 minutes.