Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Ruth's Sweet Potato Casserole
This recipe is posted on the Ruth's Chris Steak House Recipe Page. The card they shared has teensy writing so here it is in a more visible format.
Makes 4 Servings
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
1/4 cup melted butter
Sweet Potato Mixture:
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 egg, well beaten
1/4 cup butter
1. Combine Crust Mixture in mixing bowl and put to one side.
2. Combine Sweet Potato Mixture ingredients in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Combine thoroughly.
3. Pour Sweet Potato Mixture into buttered baking dish.
4. Sprinkle Crust Mixture evenly onto surface of Sweet Potato Mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
(Heather's sidenote: I just peeled, chopped, and boiled the sweet potatoes. I mashed by hand and it turned out great. I used 3 medium potatoes and it made more than 2 cups but I just used it all and it was still PLENTY sweet. I may cut the sugar a little next time.)