Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beef and Asparagus Stir Fry

I made this for dinner tonight and is was very, very good!  The flavor was perfect and the meat was very tender...just the way I like it.

Beef & Asparagus Stir Fry (4 servings)


3 T soy sauce
2 T wine vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
1/4 cup water
1 t cornstarch (I ended up using more at the end because it didn't thicken)
2 t brown sugar
1/2 t salt
1 t chili flakes (I didn't have any so I used red pepper flakes)
1 t fresh ginger, grated (I used dried ginger)
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 lb flank steak, sliced into thin strips (I had sirloin tenderloins and used those)
3 T peanut oil (I used almond oil)
3/4 lb asparagus, sliced diagonally
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup green onions, sliced

1.  Mix soy sauce, vinegar, water, cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, chili flakes, ginger and garlic in a large bowl.  Add steak and mix to coat well.  Let marinade for 20-30 minutes.  (I marinated the steak for 3+ hours).
2.  Heat peanut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Reserving the marinade, saute steak until browned on both sides, about 30 seconds per side.
3.  Add asparagus and bell pepper, stirring until vegetables are softened and meat is cooked through, (2-3 minutes).
4.  Add reserved marinade, and simmer to thicken for 1 minute.  Stir in green onions and remove from heat.
5.  Serve immediately over rice or noodles.

No comments: