- 1-2 heads of romaine lettuce (or any other kind)
- 1/2 c. grilled pineapple, cut into bite size pieces or smaller
- 3/4 c. cashew halves
- 1 T. melted butter
- 1 t. fresh rosemary
- 1 t. curry powder
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. salt (unless the cashews are already salted)
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 3 T. vinegar
- 3 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 T. honey
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Toast cashews in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, until golden brown. Remove from pan to a separate and cooler location.
2. Grill the pineapple chunks.
3. Mix the melted butter, curry, sugar, cayenne, salt (if needed), cashews and rosemary- shake it up in a Tupperware for added ease and storage. If you do not have fresh rosemary, you can use the dried spice in half the amount. However, I recommend fresh rosemary because it's not so poky in the mouth.
4. Dressing: Stir together the vinegar, mustard and honey. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
5. Toss the greens, pineapple and top with the tasty nut ensemble. Serve the dressing on the side to be added according to everyone's preference.