Monday, February 2, 2009

Egg Rolls

This recipe came from a dear friend we met during school up in Moscow - Becki Richardson. They were an excellent addition to our dinner tonight of sweet and sour chicken, and fried rice and were even better when dipped in the sweet and sour sauce. Tasty stuff people. Tasty stuff.

1/2 pound ground beef
4 cups chopped green cabbage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, grated
1 large celery stalk, grated

Sauce:
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp soy sauce

Brown meat and drain. Add vegetables and cook until done. Stir in sauce until mixture is well-coated. Put large spoonful into each wrap and fry on both sides until golden brown. Serve warm.

The first time I made these my oil wasn't near hot enough and the insides were saturated with oil. Not so tasty. This time I heated it over medium-high heat and those little rolls stayed sealed and were perfect.

I think the family has the sweet and sour chicken recipe, but if you don't let me know and I'll post it along with the Benihana Fried Rice.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I can hardly wait to try this one! I have wondered about making egg rolls before!

Julie said...

Ok wait. I think I need you to post both the chicken and the rice. Please???!! Thanks.