Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I made these tonight to go along with our hamburgers and they were a big success. And I think they are more healthy than regular potatoes, at least I like to think so. Almy kept asking for "more please."

1 - 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (preferably the easy release kind).
Peal the sweet potatoes. Cut into strips that are about 1/2 inch wide on each side.
Place the sweet potatoes into a sealable plastic bag. Add oil, salt, paprika and cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries. Spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
Cook for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I made something like this last year and really like them. I like the change from regular potatoes fries. I should make them again. Thanks.