Monday, July 16, 2007

Yummy Devil's Food Cream Cheese Divine Cupcakes

Ok, so I don't know the real name for these cupcakes but I kinda like "yummy devil's food cream cheese divine cupcakes". This recipe is actually my mom's but I got put in charge of posting it - either way SUPER GOOD. I would have posted a photo with this post, but on the outside they just look like normal cupcakes, but it's what's on the inside that counts.

Heat oven to 350 degrees
makes: 24 cupcakes

mix 1 devils food cake mix as directed on the box.

then in a different bowl mix
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
Beat until smooth
Beat in 1 egg until blended
Stir in 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Put in 1/3 devils food batter in each cup then a spoonful of the cream cheese mix on top. Finish it off by putting a small spoonful of devils food on top. (creating a layering effect). Bake for 20 mins. Let cool and frost with chocolate frosting. YUM!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love that you made up the name. It is so fun to say!

Amy D. said...

YUM! And I keep trying to tell Mae that same thing (It's what's on the inside that counts, honey!).

Mary said...

These are so yummy. Thanks for sharing Angie!