Thursday, March 29, 2007

Lemon Chicken

I have to admit that when I made this recipe last night, I did a few things wrong. I forgot to add the grape juice and I forgot to sprinkle with parmesan before I broiled it, but it still was good so I thought I'd post it. Oh, and I used half & half even though it said it wouldn't be as tasty. I got this from my friend Jessica's blog who got it from her friend Heather's blog (not me - another Heather)

Lemon Chicken

12 chicken tenders
margarine
2 T. lemon juice
1 C. heavy cream (NOT Half & Half)
2 T. white grape juice concentrate
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
6 thin pats margarine
parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

Cook chicken tenders in a buttered saucepan, until browned and cooked through. Place chicken in a glass casserole dish. In the same saucepan, add lemon juice, lemon peel and white grape juice concentrate. Keep on low heat and add Heavy Cream. Salt & pepper the sauce. When heated through, pour over chicken tenders. Put pats of margarine over chicken and shake parmesan cheese (generously) on top. Place under a broiler for 7-12 minutes. Serve over potatoes or rice.

Jessica's tips: I cut 3 large chicken breasts (it was about 1.5 lbs) into 4 strips each. I added some chicken seasoning to the chicken (it has rosemary and lavender in it), as well as salt + pepper. We put it over rice.

1 comment:

Mary said...

This sounds like a good 'n' easy recipe Heather. Glad it turned out for you. Thanks!